Whip up a delicious Mexican-style snack in minutes with Goldcrest storecupboard classics
Quick corn fritters with spicy salsa dip
- 375ml flour
- 3tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 250ml cold water
- Goldcrest Salt and Pepper
- 1 x 420g Goldcrest Creamstyle Sweet Corn
- handful of chives, chopped
- handful of parsley, chopped
- oil, for frying
- Combine the flour, baking powder, eggs, water and salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. Beat together to form a smooth batter.
- Cover and rest in the refrigerator until needed. This can be done up to 4 hours ahead.
- Stir in the Goldcrest Creamstyle Sweet Corn.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan and fry spoonfuls of the batter until golden brown on both sides. Lightly re-oil the pan between batches. Serve with a spicy salsa made with chopped tomato, red onion, jalapeño peppers and fresh coriander leaves.