With Goldcrest’s quality soup you can have comfort food on the dinner table in no time at all.
Chicken noodle soup with chicken dumplings
- 3x tins (400 g each) Goldcrest Chicken Noodle Soup
- 250 ml (1 cup) leftover cooked chicken (or panfry 2 chicken breasts)
- 125 ml (½ cup) ricotta cheese
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) finely grated parmesan or pecorino cheese
- 1 small egg, lightly beaten
- 5 ml (1 tsp) grated nutmeg
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- salt and black pepper
- Heat the Goldcrest Chicken Noodle Soup in a medium saucepan.
- Mix all the ingredients for the dumplings together. Shape little bite-sized balls using your hands or two spoons. Drop 4-5 dumplings into the simmering soup and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Do not boil the soup too rapidly because it will break up the delicate dumplings.
- Lift the cooked dumplings out with a slotted spoon and keep warm. Repeat until all the dumplings are cooked.
- Ladle the warm soup into 4 bowls and divide the dumplings between them. Serve immediately.